The full-day conference and exhibition is billed as a new platform for information-sharing, collaboration and debate that examines the impact of the fourth industrial revolution on businesses in South Africa.
"The fast-paced, digital revolution has rapidly thrown us into the midst of 4IR, and those who haven't already begun to take action risk falling behind," says Nompilo Morafo, MTN group executive for corporate affairs.
"There are still a number of hurdles to overcome and actions to prioritise that require a collective effort from all role-players if we are to take full advantage of the benefits of 4IR. As MTN, we are ready to play a more inclusive role in this roadmap, proactively seeking partnerships with business and government to map out progress," adds Morafo.Business Day Focus 4.0
will aim to examine the readiness of South Africa businesses in embracing the fourth industrial revolution, and the impact it will have in redefining the future of many organisations, as well as the people in their workforce.
The ethical use of technology, legislation and how business leaders can adopt technology will also come under the spotlight at the event, highlighting the issues that business leaders need to currently consider.
According to the conference, the future of digital in healthcare and South Africa's road to connectivity are two of the areas that will be covered.
The line-up of speakers for th event includes:
- Musa Kalenga — CEO and founder, Bridge Labs
- Phuti Mahanyele-Dabengwa — CEO, Naspers
- Jonas Bogoshi — CEO, BCX
- Marius Oosthuizen — Global Futurist
- Sean Emery — CEO, RainFin
- Reshaad Sha — CEO, Liquid Telecom South Africa
- Alison Jacobson — director, The Field Institute
- Suren Govender — group chief digital officer, Life Healthcare Group
- Prof Brian Armstrong — chair: digital business, Wits Business School
- Dr Tashmia Ismail-Saville — CEO, Youth Employment Service
- Devina Maharaj — head: digital, Investec Bank South Africa
- Nomso Kana — nuclear scientist and founder, Sun n Shield 84 Tech
- Kirtan Sita — managing director: technology, Accenture
- Tumelo Seaketso — organisation transformation and talent director, Deloitte
- Dr Ntsibane Ntlatlapa — impact area manager: networked systems and applications, CSIR
- Dave Ives — digital advisory executive, Altron Karabina
- Prof José Casado Suarez — professor: school of human sciences and technology, IE University
- Vino Govender CM(SA) — executive: strategy, mergers and acquisition and innovation, Dark Fibre Africa
- Jon Foster-Pedley — dean and director, Henley Business School
- Martin Pienaar — COO, Mindworx Consulting
- Shiven Sukraj — country managing director, ABB South Africa
- Prof Alex Antonites — head: department of business management, faculty of economics and management sciences, University of Pretoria
- Dr Ahmed Shaikh — managing director, Regent Business School
- Media personality and entrepreneur Andile Khumalo will perform the MC duties, supported by panel moderators Dominic Gaobepe, Siki Mgabadeli and Joanne Joseph.
The interim agenda and speaker profiles can be viewed online
. Cold Press Media will be producing the Business Day Focus 4.0
publication for the event, which will be inserted in Business Day
on Wednesday, 4 March 2020.
For more information, visit www.bdfocus4.co.za
. You can also follow the Business Day Focus 4.0 Conference
and exhibition on Facebook
or on Twitter