The festival celebrates global filmmakers from both the commercial advertising and film industries.
highlights Tencent SSV's commitment to digital education and online teaching in rural areas of China.
The film was named Best of Show
and Best of Region-Asia Pacific.
It was also awarded three Craft Awards
— one each in:
- Directing, and
In addition, Banana Balloon won a Craft Award
for The Third Ear —
also on behalf of Tencent SSV.
Other top winners include director Joaquin Salim, who is working with Capitolio Caracas, for Aleros [Pompeii]
for the band La Vida Boheme. The music video won Best of Region-Latin America
and Craft Awards
in Remote Production
Best of Region-North America honours went to Havas New York for You Don't Know the Half of It
on behalf of The Harris Project. The work also won a Genre Award
. There was no Best of Region-Europe
Other ONE Screen
- Branded Content Film: Grits Richmond's A Father’s Affirmation for Reebok
- Branded Entertainment Film: Anonymous Content Culver City's We Are Ayenda for WhatsApp
- Comedy: Sea Wolf New York's Coddle No More
- Experimental Film: Stink Films London's Inside the Blind Iris for Sadler's Wells
- Fiction: Emma Branderhorst Amsterdam with IJswater Films Amsterdam's Spotless
- Music Video: Stink Films Berlin's MoMA PS3 for Nemorum
- Non-Fiction / Documentary: Todd Antony Photography London's We Are Flying Stars self-promotion, and
- Student Film: Constanze Radak from University of Applied Sciences Salzburg's Doubts for Student Master project.
Other ONE Screen 2023 Craft winners are as follows:
- Animation: Spoon Tokyo's Scuffing Song for Otsuka Pharmaceutical, Pocari Sweat Returnable Bottle Project
- Emerging Filmmaker: Theo James Krekis London's Pram Snatcher for BFI London
- Music Composition: OPPO Shenzhen's See More in a Snap for OPPO Find N2 Flip
- Sound Design: Bensimon Byrne / Narrative Toronto's Others for Casey House, and
- Type on Poster: Sunday Afternoon New York's Human Response Exhibit self-promotion.
is a global festival that focuses on the following forms and aspects of short films:
- narrative fiction
- branded content
- music videos
- spec work
- passion projects
- movie poster design, and
- title sequences.
The festival says it has a mission to celebrate and award filmmakers from around the world working in both the film and ad industries, with no limitation and total artistic freedom, all on one screen.
The 2023 jury
included top creatives in the agency and production company worlds, including Cristo Fernández, who starred as Dani Rojas in the AppleTV+ hit series Ted Lasso
and founded independent film production company Espectro MX Films.
For more information, visit www.oneclub.org
. You can also follow The One Club for Creativity on Facebook
or on TikTok
. *Image courtesy of contributor