The two winners will take up their new presenting positions as soon as possible after the reality series finale.
In the 11th
episode of the series, the top six's first travel challenge took them to the Kingdom of eSwatini, where they were split up into teams to explore the country's arts and culture.
Each contestant was tasked with creating a travel segment about an activity, from Swazi cooking and traditional woodcraft to local music and learning dance steps. After viewing the raw footage of each insert, the judges made their decision. Presenter Search on 3
has previously found presenters for Top Billing
and Afternoon Express
and has launched stars such as Jonathan Boynton Lee and the late Simba Mhere.
Last year's winners have also excelled — Thabiso Makhubela on Expresso
, Palesa Tembe on Afternoon Express
and, on Top Billing
, Dr Fez Mkhize, Ryle de Morny and Harmony Katulondi.
This season's aspiring contestants entered by submitting a one-minute audition video on Instagram and top entrants were invited to auditions in Cape Town,
Johannesburg and Durban.
The top 10 were selected to face judges Thando Thabethe, Dr Musa Mthombeni and Roger Goode. In a surprise twist, viewers were afforded the opportunity to vote in an extra finalist, which saw Kuhle Adams making a reappearance in episode 6.
The remaining top five include:
- Deen Woodman is from Cape Town. Woodman is 39-years-old ?(the oldest of the contestants) and a gym lover who grew up in Mitchells Plain.
- Jamie-Lee Domburg, who is also from Cape Town,is known as the 'Golden Goddess'. Domburg is a plus-size model and mom and her mission is to inspire women to be comfortable in their own skin.
- Thato Moshoeshoe is a third-year student at Nelson Mandela University in Port Elizabeth. Moshoeshoe is the great-grandson of Lesotho's King Lepogo Moshoeshoe. At 20 years of age, he also is the one contestant who is 'plugged into youth culture'.
- Nathaneal Davids lives in Johannesburg. Kuhle grew up in the Eastern Cape and graduated from UCT in Cape Town. She is a 'queen of social media', whose social awareness and well-timed comments about gender-based violence won over viewers' votes that saw her getting that second chance back into the show.
- Kuhle Adams's skills as a comedian has given him 'an edge' in many of the challenges. Adams has shared the stage with some of South Africa's comedic greats.
The next episode will be released on Wednesday, 23 October, at 19:30 on SABC3.
For more information, visit www.presentersearchon3.com
. You can also follow Presenter Search on 3: Expresso Edition
or on Instagram