The master class is curated and moderated by INMA researcher-in-residence Greg Piechota, who is a leading expert in reader revenue, an ex-Harvard and Oxford fellow and a co-author of Unlocking the Customer Value Chain. Registration for the masterclass includes the live presentation, the video recordings of the presentations and the speaker's presentation if they are willing to share.
Each module will be approximately two and a half hours in duration. Each module will be held from 10:00 to 12:30 according to New York-time. This is between 14:00 and 16:30 GMT.
According to the INMA, the event will be conducted in the Zoom ecosystem and attendees will have an opportunity to ask questions of all presenters. The INMA encourages executives at news companies, who are at the beginning of their subscription journey, to join the master class.
The cost of the master class:
- Members: $395 USD for all three modules, inclusive of video recordings and presentations, and
- Non-members: $1 190 USD, which is member pricing plus $795 USD, and includes one year of INMA membership
The topics include:
- 'From content factories to journalism as a service': The session will consider what the transformation to consumer revenue is really about. It aims to be a guide for CEOs, marketing directors and editors-in-chief.
- 'Premium content and user experience': The session will look at what value proposition readers pay for and why. It also comprises research and templates for internal workshops.
- 'Maximising the news customer lifestyle value': The session will focus on how to speed acquisition, delay churn and grow revenue. It additionally comprises best practices in acquisition and retention.
- 'Managing change and organising for growth': The session will look at how to focus and mobilise teams and resources to deliver a breakthrough. It also will provide tested frameworks and workflows.
- 'Priming the market': The session will look into how one can prepare customers, employees, owners and other stakeholders for a launch. It also presents paywall launch communication secrets, and
- 'Anatomy of the launch': The session will present a step-by-step guide to the launch of a new subscription or membership product that is based on real-life case studies.
The agenda comprises:
Tuesday, 4 August
Module 1: 'Paywall models, premium content, best practices in subscriber engagement'. Click here
for more information on this module.Thursday, 11 August
Module 2: 'Customer journeys, best practices in subscriber acquisition, KPIs and benchmarks'. Click here
for more information on this module.Tuesday, 18 August
Module 3: 'Subscriber experiences and flows, launch tips and tricks, best practices in retention'. Click here
for more information on this module.
Individuals are encouraged to join the masterclass to receive 'the insider's guide' to reader revenue. Individuals can click here
for the full details and to register online.
For more information, visit www.inma.org
. You can also follow INMA on Facebook
or on Instagram