Billed as 'SA's biggest board meeting', The Directors Event
— sponsored by BCX, and forming part of the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies
profile — is where the business community comes together to unpack issues affecting the country’s economy.
In previous years, the event attracted an audience of more than 300 senior management and C-level executives to a full-day conference at the Sandton Convention Centre. Speakers have included South Africa's chief justice Mogoeng Mogoeng; Nhlanhla Nene, former finance minister; Jabu Mabuza, chairperson, Eskom; Caroline Galvan, lead economist, World Economic Forum; and Mcebisi Jonas, former deputy minister of finance.
"BCX is proud to sponsor one of the largest boardroom meetings in South Africa for a second year. I believe that the event is an important opportunity for private and public sector partners to engage in real issues affecting our country. In addition, the virtual event further emphasises the critical role technology is playing in our lives and in driving our economy," says, Jonas Bogoshi, CEO of BCX.
Parmi Natesan, CEO of the Institute of Directors in South Africa, adds, "Now, more than ever, the role of directors of organisations that need to survive and thrive in the new normal becomes ever so critical. Just as businesses have had to adapt to this new world, so too has The Directors Event
by going digital."
This year, three moderated panel discussions will be presented in a linear format and streamed online as a full-morning digital event.
Industry professionals participating in the event will focus on
- historical, pre-lockdown issues that have hampered South Africa's progress, but are now magnified through the COVID-19 lens
- the slow pace of government reforms
- corruption in both private and state-owned enterprises
- the skills-readiness of our workforce to gain employment in Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) jobs
- the effects of rapid climate change, and
- an energy crisis that is straining the economy.
Panel discussion topics at The Directors Event
in 2020 are:
- 'The South African economy is in ICU. How will it be revived?'
- 'How will the Fourth Industrial Revolution create jobs to grow the SA economy?'
- 'How do we manage climate change to become self-sufficient?'
The complete list of confirmed panelists and moderators, along with details to register for the online event, will be announced in due course.
For more information, visit www.arenaevents.africa