The Media Owner of the Year
and Media Agency of the Year Awards
are sponsored by Mediology and Jacaranda FM
The MOST Awards
celebrate excellence in the media industry — from media owners across print, digital, cinema, broadcast and out of home (OOH) platforms, through to specialist and full-service media agencies — encouraging exceptional service delivery and healthy professional competition.
Category winners were determined by their peers, with 2021 being marked by record industry voting. Freshly Ground Insights (FGI) conducted the industry-wide MOST
survey, with results reviewed by BDO.Individual and special award winners 2021
Nominations for the individual awards were made via an online survey, where respondents put forward their favourites. An adjudication panel of 13 industry professionals judged the nominations against specific criteria for the individual Bell
and Rising Star Awards
The Bell Award
honours an individual who, though not working for a media owner or agency, has made an exceptional contribution to the betterment of the media sector. In 2021, the recipient of the Bell Award
(sponsored by ViacomCBS Africa) is researcher Beatrice Kubheka.
The Shepherd Award
is awarded to someone who not only has a significant presence in the media industry but also selflessly gives back to it. The recipient of the 2021 Shepherd Award
(sponsored by Arena Holdings) is Fahmeeda Cassim-Surtee, CEO of DStv Media Sales.
CEO of Mediamark and AMASA board director Wayne Bischoff received the Media Owner Legend Award
(sponsored by The MediaShop). The Media Agency Legend Award
(sponsored by Mediamark) went to Merissa Himraj, MD of Wavemaker South Africa.
The Media Owner Rising Star Award
(sponsored by Carat) was awarded to Skhumbuzo Mokoena of DStv Media Sales, while Jamie Norgarb of PHD received the Media Agency Rising Star Award
(sponsored by Black Media Outdoor).
Brad Aigner, managing director of FGI, says, "The quality of nominations for the Legend
and Rising Star Awards
was phenomenal. It was very encouraging to see so many new names of up-and-coming young people in our industry being put forward."
The Marketing Services Award,
which recognises trade marketing excellence from media owners, also received record industry support in 2021. The winner of the 2021 award (sponsored by Torque Media) is DStv Media Sales.
DStv Media Sales also received the special Virtually Perfect Service Award
(sponsored by Nalesa Media) in recognition of the changing media sales environment as a result of the Covid-19 lockdown.
The award looks to recognise a sales team that took a firm grip on 'business unusual' by making clients feel like it was 'business as usual' through the innovative and effective use of virtual practices.Category award winners 2021
- Media Owner of the Year Award (sponsored by Mediology) winner: AdColony. Second and third places went to Primedia Outdoor and Relativ Media respectively.
- Radio Award winner: Primedia Broadcasting
- Broadcast Award winner: e.tv
- Out Of Home Award winner: Primedia Outdoor
- Digital Award (sponsored by Mercurial Media) winner: AdColony
- Print Award winner: Arena Holdings
- Multimedia Award winner: Primedia
- Media Sales Consultants Award (sponsored by Ebony+Ivory) winner: Ultimate Media, and
- Media Owner Lamb Award winner: Media24 Lifestyle
- Media Agency of the Year Award (sponsored by Jacaranda 94.2FM) winner: The MediaShop (Johannesburg). Second and third places went to Carat (Johannesburg) and Vizeum (Johannesburg) respectively.
- Specialist Media Agency Award (sponsored by YFM) winner: Ogilvy Go Media
- Full-Service Media Agency Award (sponsored by Primedia Broadcasting) winner: The MediaShop (Johannesburg), and
- Media Agency Lamb Award (sponsored by DStv Media Sales) winner: The MediaShop (Cape Town).
Sponsors of the 2021 MOST Awards
- Jacaranda FM
- Primedia Broadcasting
- DStv Media Sales
- Mercurial Media
- The MediaShop
- ViacomCBS Africa
- Black Media Outdoor
- Nalesa Media
- Torque Media
- Arena Holdings
- Cape Talk
- Malfy Gin, and
The Media Most Awards
special edition, featuring all the winners, will be available at www.themediaonline.co.za
For more information, visit www.quicklink.co.za
or contact Fleishmanj@arena.africa